It’s time to take out your woollens and cuddle up on the couch with a cup filled with warm goodness…so why not try some new recipes for soups! I present to you a variety of vegetarian soup options. Do try these at home and enjoy your favourite film!
- 50 gram almonds, blanched
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 4tbsp. Plain flour
- 4 cups Water
- 1cup Milk
- 1/12tsp Salt or according to taste
- 1/4tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- 4tbsp. Cream
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnish
Chop 5-6 almonds fine and blend the rest with milk in the blender.
Cream Of Spinach Soup
- 1 Bunch spinach leaves, Blanched & pureed
- 1tbsp Butter
- 1/2tsp finely grated ginger
- 11/2 tsp plain flour
- 2 cup milk
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4tsp black pepper
- 1/8tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 2tbsp cream
Heat pan add butter & plain flour on slow fire, stir.
Crunchy Carrot & Broccoli soup
- 2tbsp slightly toasted hazel nuts ( Crushed)
- 1tbsp butter
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1inch ginger, chopped
- 6 pieces of broccoli florets, chopped (about 2 crowns)
- 2 cups vegetable stocks
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3-4 strand saffron soaked in the milk.
- salt and black pepper to taste
Wash vegetables. Heat butter in a pan adds ginger, carrot, broccoli and sauté.
Spicy Tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 to 1½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes (preferably Italian plum tomatoes)
- 1½ cups water
- 1tsp salt or according to the taste
- 1/2tsp mix spice (Clove, Black cardamom and star anise) powdered
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh cream or sour cream for garnish
Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have melded, about 10-12 minutes.
Return the soup to the saucepan and reheat on medium low until hot. A dollop of sour cream or fresh cream and fresh basil leaves makes a nice garnish.
Roasted Cauliflower soup with peanut
- 2 heads cauliflower Small size Clean & wash
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp slightly roasted and crushed peanuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 inch ginger , finely grated
- 3 cups vegetable stocks
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaf
- 1cups heavy cream
- Salt according to taste
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnishing
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Cut cauliflower into 1-inch flowerets (about 6 cups). In a large baking pan toss cauliflower, ginger with oil to coat and roast in middle of oven about 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
In a large pan simmer stock, water, roasted cauliflower mixture, and herbs 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is very tender.