Here is a snack made from the quite traditional Indian vegetable ‘Arbi’ or as known in English ‘Taro’. This is quite a versatile snack which is a fusion between Indian and Mediterranean spices.
- 400 gms. Arbi or Colcassia (8-10 medium size)
- Ginger – 1 inch long piece.
- Curd – 1/2 cup.
- 1/2 tsp.Thyme seeds
- Coriander Powder – 1 tea spoon.
- Salt – according to the taste (or 3/4 tea spoon)
- ½ tsp black pepper powder – less than 1/4 tea spoon.
- 1/2 tsp.dry mango powder
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- Coriander leaves – 1 table spoon (finely chopped)
- Oil – to fry
Thoroughly wash the Arbi and boil it in a cooker with 1 cup water for up to one whistle. Once the Arbi get boiled, peel them, let them cool and cuts into half.