- 1 kg spinach leaves, blanched
- 250 gm. of cottage cheese cubed (Paneer)
- 1 tsp. cumin seed
- 3 to 4 bay leaf
- 2 tomatoes (blanched in hot water, peeled and pureed)
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 7-8 Cashewnuts soaked in hot water
- 1 green chili
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp. red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. fresh cream, optional
Blend the spinach leaves in a blender and make a thick spinach paste. Make the paste of tomatoes & Cashewnuts, green chili and ginger, in a blender, keep aside.
Heat a heavy bottomed wok; add butter and cumin seed and bay leaves. When a cumin seed starts to crackle add the tomato paste and let it cook for 5-6 minute on medium heat. Then add spinach paste along with spices like turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt, let it cook further for another 5 minute.
Add pieces of cottage cheese and mix it well. Add ½ cup of water, if required, Cook and cover on low heat for 4-5 minute. Remove bay leaves. Serve this with hot Corn Purees. Garnish it with fresh cream, if you wish.