MATAR MALAI METHI
Matar Malai Methi is a mild creamy side dish, very popular in North India. Here I am sharing my quick & easy recipe of Matar Malai Methi.
1 Bunch of Fresh fenugreek finely chopped
1cup Frozen Petite Peas
1tsp. Ginger Paste
1 Green chili for Garnish
1tbsp. Cashew nut Powder
1tsp. Cumin seeds crushed
1tsp. dry Coriander powder
1tsp. Cardamom powder
1tsp, White pepper powder
1tbsp. Fresh Cream
Pinch of Sugar
1. Boil water with salt and remove from fire add chopped fenugreek for 3-4 minutes. Remove from water and rinse with cold water and keep aside.
2. Heat butter in the pan adds cumin powder and ginger paste. Sauté and add Cashewnuts powder, cardamom powder, coriander powder, milk. Mix well and add Peas and Fenugreek.
3. Add ½ cup water and add salt, sugar, white pepper, mix well and cook on slow flame for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add cream and remove from fire, garnish with green chili.
5. Serve hot with Butter Naan or Parantha.