Parwal belongs to gourd family, light green in color known as pointed gourd. Parwal is a good source of digestive enzymes.
This vegetable is good for people who are suffering with Jaundice because of low-fat and easy to digest. It is helpful for purifying blood and stimulated belter function of Liver. Here I am sharing very easy recipe of making Aloo Parwal.
8-10 Pointed Gourd or Parwal, scraped
2 Medium Sized Potatoes, peeled
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1tsp. Cumin seeds
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. turmeric powder
1 tbsp. coriander powder
1 tsp. dry mango powder
Salt to taste
1. Wash Parwal and potatoes and cut in to thin slices.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
3. When the seeds crackle, add turmeric and potatoes slices and sauté for 5 minutes.
4. Add Parwal and salt mix well, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Turn off the fire and keep it cover for 2 minutes. It will cook in the steam.
6. Heat again; add all the powders and cook covered for 3 minutes or till potatoes are done.
7. Serve hot with Roti or Brown Bread.