SPICY MEXICAN RICE
Mexican food is popular for its rustic and spicy flavor. Here I am sharing my Spicy Mexican Rice Recipe, very tasty and full of colors.
1/2 cup Black chickpeas, Boiled
2tbsp. Olive Oil
½ medium-sized Red Bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 Jalapeño, chopped finely
3 Tomatoes Chopped
2 cups vegetable stocks or water
1tsp. Cayenne Pepper paste
1tbsp. sunflower seeds
Salt to taste
½ cup Fresh coriander, finely chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a large heavy bottom pan over medium high heat.
2. Add rice and stir constantly. Add jalapeño and red pepper and sauté.
3. Add tomatoes, chick peas and cayenne pepper paste, stir for 2 minutes.
4. Add water or stocks, cumin and salt. Stir well, reduce heat to medium low and cover with a lid. Cook it for 10-12 minutes on low heat.
5. Once water is absorbed, uncover, stir and add freshly chopped coriander leaves and sunflower seeds. Cook 2 more minutes uncovered, until fluffy. Serve Hot.