CHURROS WITH PINEAPPLE CREAM
After Spicy Mexican Rice its time to have some sweet,so here is the recipe of Churros with Pineapple Cream;
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups water
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Vanilla powder
2 tbsp. Vanilla flavor Icing sugar for rolling
Oil for frying
For Pineapple Cream:
4 slices Pineapple, tinned
100 ml. cream, whipped
4 tbsp. Icing Sugar
1tsp. Pineapple essence
1. Combine oil, water, sugar and salt in a heavy bottomed pot on the stove.
2. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally and Vanilla powder. Remove from heat.
3. Add flour and stir vigorously with a metal spoon until mixture forms a thick, smooth textured ball. Then let the mixture cool in the pan until warm, not cool completely.
4. Using a piping bag with a medium-sized star tip, pipe logs three to four inches long onto a sheet pan. Chill for 20 minutes.
5. Heat oil for frying and fry Churros until golden brown.
6. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels.
7. When cool, roll in vanilla sugar and serve with Pineapple cream.
For Pineapple cream:
Whip cream with sugar till it holds peaks add roughly pureed pineapple and essence. Chill and serve with Churros