BBC good food Middle east Masterclass At Al Ghurair Rayhaan & Arjaan Rotana, Dubai
Fun cooking with follow bloggers at Al Ghurair Rayhaan & Arjaan Rotana , Dubai. Here are some of pictures of the Event….
Recipe of my Dish;
CARROT & PISTACHIO BAKLAVA
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
2 tbsp. Rose water
2 cups grated Carrot
2 tbsp. Almond powder
2 tbsp. Raisins
2 tbsp. Milk powder
1 tbsp. Cardamom powder
1 cup Pistachio, coarsely grounded
400gm. Filo pastry
150gm. Butter, Melted
- Take water and sugar in a pan, and bring to boil on medium high heat. Reduce heat and boil it for 7-8 minutes. Add rose water and keep aside to cool.
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter in the fry pan and sauté the grated carrots for 2-3 minutes. Add almond powder, cardamom powder & milk powder. Cook for 2 minutes and cool.
- Pre heats the oven to 200 degree Centigrade. Cut the filo sheets one by one to fit a rectangle baking tray. Brush the tray with melted butter. Layer half the filo sheets one by one in the tray, brush each one with butter.
- Spread the carrot mixture evenly on the filo sheets. Cover it with two sheets of filo sheets. Brush with butter and spread the crushed pistachio. Top with two to three sheets of filo but brush each sheet with melted butter.
- Cut the uncooked Baklava in to diamond shape and bake for 20-25 minutes, or till golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and slowly pour the cooled sugar syrup over the hot Baklava. Garnish with remaining pistachio and Serve.